Cortech Dryver Tank Bag - Installation Issues

• Member Contributer

I installed my Cortech Dryver tank bag yesterday.

1. I thought that the instructions were poorly written.

2. I only received three screws that were the size of the gas cap ring.

3. I also received 4 different screws that don't fit the gas cap ring.

4. The tank ring sent matches the one needed for my 5th gen.

Questions:

1. Is the tank ring only supposed to be secured by 3 screws?

2. If not, how many are needed?

3. Are these screws supposed to be torqued?

4. If so, what's the spec?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into the same problem using the Honda 7-A ring on my 5th Gen. I contacted Cortech and they sent me a different set of screws. That set didn't work either. I can't remember how I obtained the screws to fix the problem. I think I used two of the OEM screws that were already on the bike (the 5mm hex head with the solid shaft part) and then bought two more. I also think the 2.5mm hex head screws were part of the Cortech screw set (as they fit the smaller diameter holes), but I can't remember for sure. I've attached photos to show what I am currently using. I'm not sure of the thread size, but the larger hex head size is 5mm (4 count) and the smaller hex head size is 2.5mm (3 count). I didn't measure the length of them.

I just hand tighten them to a snug fit. I occasionally re-tighten them as well.

Hope this helps.

Cortech Dryver Tank Ring

Cortech Dryver Tank Ring Screws

• Member Contributer

Corkey - it helps a lot. I'm glad the problem wasn't with me. Thanks!

I contacted my seller and Cortech is sending me a new kit. I'll be mounting this weekend with the additional screws.

• Member Contributer

I ran into the same problem using the Honda 7-A ring on my 5th Gen. I contacted Cortech and they sent me a different set of screws. That set didn't work either. I can't remember how I obtained the screws to fix the problem. I think I used two of the OEM screws that were already on the bike (the 5mm hex head with the solid shaft part) and then bought two more. I also think the 2.5mm hex head screws were part of the Cortech screw set, but I can't remember for sure. I've attached photos to show what I am currently using. The larger hex size is 5mm (4 count). The smaller hex size is 2.5mm (3 count). I didn't measure the length of them.

I just hand tighten them to a snug fit. I occasionally re-tighten them as well.

Hope this helps.

The screw on the left is a proprietary Honda screw--they're also used on the VFR750s. The one on the right is an M4 countersunk capscrew, definitely not OEM. Btw, you generally refer to screws by the size of the thread, not the size of the wrench you use on them. And length is measured from under the head--except for countersunk screws, which are measured from the top of the head.

Ciao,

Archived