Fitting Fz166 With Tbr Vale Mufflers

Good morning Team

Has anyone here fitted an FZ166 monorack to a 6th gen with TBR Vale mufflers fitted ?

It looks like I have two options worth entertaining

1 : remove the TBR alloy spacer from between the subframe and the exhaust hanger hence moving the mufflers in towards the centerline of the bike more (will this cause the tyre to hit the mufflers on full compression ? )

Not too sure if they will miss the factory fender or be too close as to melt said fender( removing the fender where I live is a certain ticket )

2 : Cut the same length of the spacer from the FZ rack muffler hanger bolt tube

OR refit the stock muffler (I would rather cut my left testicle off )

Cheers

James............................

.................wanders off into shed to try and fit rack as my new V47Just arrived this morning

• Member Contributer

Good morning Team

Has anyone here fitted an FZ166 monorack to a 6th gen with TBR Vale mufflers fitted ?

It looks like I have two options worth entertaining

1 : remove the TBR alloy spacer from between the subframe and the exhaust hanger hence moving the mufflers in towards the centerline of the bike more (will this cause the tyre to hit the mufflers on full compression ? )

Not too sure if they will miss the factory fender or be too close as to melt said fender( removing the fender where I live is a certain ticket )

2 : Cut the same length of the spacer from the FZ rack muffler hanger bolt tube

OR refit the stock muffler (I would rather cut my left testicle off )

Cheers

James............................

.................wanders off into shed to try and fit rack as my new V47Just arrived this morning

I have the FZ166 top rack mount but I'm not sure about the which TBR I have because it came with the bike when I bought it. Maybe these pics will help. I don't recall having to do any "modding" or "work arounds" when I installed the mount.

post-23057-0-72165000-1431051130.jpg

post-23057-0-83038800-1431051136.jpg

post-23057-0-83759100-1431051142.jpg

Cheers for those photos

My cans sit more horizontal than yours do if that makes sense and seem to sit further out

There is an 18mm spacer that looks like a swingarm bobbin for a race stand that is placed in between the muffler strap and the subframe for the standard TBR fitment obviously this would make the plate mounting hole centers out by 36mm with both spacers in place and then the plate will not fit

I may have to machine 18mm off the round tube on the FZ rack that the muffler hanger bolt goes through

Archived