Simple Pcii Question

ShadowJP88

• Member Contributer

Shadow, I honestly don't think so as I recall when I got my '07, only a PC3 was listed for it. ( I can confirm a PC5 works perfectly for the '06 and up ECU). However your PC2 has the wiring specific for the 5th gen ECU. I also think there's no maps available for the PC2 if you could adapt it but there's some extremely sharp folks on this board who could confirm.

Dave

• Member Contributer

I had a PC2 on my bike before I got my PC5 (The PC2 died...). I'm going to go with no on this one. It doesn't splice in the same location that the PC3 and PC5 do. I checked the pinouts on the 02+ and 98-01 bikes at the fuel injection harness and they are identical, not to mention the PC3/5 only alter fuel injection duty cycle. The PC2 also has the ability to alter timing as well as fueling and splices directly between the ECU and the harness. You should at the very least check that the ECU pins connect to the same things on the 6th gen. Admittedly, I don't have much experience with the 6th gen, so I don't even know if it has the right plug to connect to the ECU.

Archived