Mounting A Delkevic Exhaust Differently. Need Advice From Current Delkevic Owners.

e30dean

I am waiting for my new delkevic exhaust to arrive and I was wondering if anyone here has tried mounting their exhaust differently. Im not to big a of a fan of how tall it looks standing vertically so I was wondering if anyone here has tried rotating the cans to be mounted horizontally or at a little bit of an angle. Heres kind of what Im talking about:

2015-04-22%2014.49.16_zpstccqnxf7.png

Yes those are. I was just using it as a reference picture. When looking at the exhaust from the back of the bike, the delkevics are normally mounted to look standing tall but what I was looking to see is if anyone mounted them up with the cans twisted to either lay flat or at an angle.

With the proper welding skill, I suppose this could be done. I would cut the pipes as close to the front of the bike as possible to hide the new weld joints. It would be a matter of turning the Delk mufflers to the angle you like and then welding them into that position. I haven't seen any in person, but the pics look like they have some very nice welds. Done in the right place then you probably wouldn't see them.

Scratch that, you should be able to just turn them. This link to the stainless steel set looks like it just is clamped on. http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=1512_3822_3959_3965&product_id=1440&Title=SS70+9%22+Stainless+Steel+Oval+Muffler+to+fit+VFR800+V-Tec++%282001-2013%29&SKU=KIT2557

Archived