Hiss And Key Coding

BiKenG

This only concerns bikes fitted with H.I.S.S.

I want to add some new keys and have made the adapter required to program the ECU to the new keys, but the bike doesn't enter 'registration mode'. This is likely because the ECU is not seeing the correct voltage being applied to the sensor input it uses for this. I'm using about 85K Ohms which may be insufficient so the ECU is seeing too high a voltage.

Has anyone successfully done this and can confirm what resistance is required for this.

I thought that oem service cable has no resistor at all? Anyway, here's the oem number: 070pz-zy30100

Ah, it would appear that earlier bikes needed no resistor and would enter regn. mode when seeing the 12v. But later bikes need to see a lower voltage or the ECU won't enter regn. mode. There seems to be some inconsistency in what the resistance value is claimed to be, I've seen it vary between 100 Ohm and 100K Ohms.

However, having tried again a few times, I got it to work. It looks like I simply wasn't disconnecting power for long enough. But I have now completed the process and happily have 3 coded keys which is a relief :-)

So, I can confirm that about 85 or 90K Ohms DOES work for the 2012 VFR1200F.

You can always be the first one to buy a oem connector and let us know what's inside :goofy:

I believe there's only a solid wire. Until now I have not yet come to the need of buying one...even if it cost like 15 bucks.

Which programming procedure you followed?

Archived