Constant Rpm, Popping Exhaust. Carbs? Valves?

93, de-paired, 30k miles. Bike runs okay. It's run better in the past. When I'm riding I can feel little bursts of power when I'm at constant speed. This popping was happening extra bad today so I thought I'd video what's going on. It sat for about a month this winter and was very grumpy when idling cold. That's better now that the weather has warmed up. Doesn't seem to bog down any when revving. Does this sound like a carb or valve issue?

I have a Remus high level exhaust on mine and it did this, I changed it for a delkevic and it stopped. Sorry this isn't a technical style response but you never know, might just be the end can.

I've had the bike a while and this can has been on it the whole time. This is the first year I've noticed it. It has also been a few years since I de-paired it so I don't think that's it either, unfortunately.

I believe Miguel on here mentioned his can popped until he left the choke on a little. Again, this is a bit above my level of expertise. Maybe a leak somewhere?

Archived