Regulator/rectifier

snowy

Some people have been fitting a Mosfet r/r as a replacement when needed, now i am a little confused as the mosfet's that i see advertised on the net are 5 wire and as you may know the stock r/r has 8 wires, how do people overcome this.

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone please tell me what the black wire is for coming out of the stock r/r. I can't see being some sort of sensor as it has a continuous unswitched live feed from the loom.

• Member Contributer

3 wires in from the stator and then the R\R converts to DC so 2 wires out 1 is positive and 1 negative . Your plug will not match so you have to change it.

The plug on your bike has more red wires leaving because Honda used the plug to send 12DCV to other circuits.

Mosfet%20Reg%20Rec%20Upgrade%20Wiring.jp

• 1 month later...

I am in the process of doing this mosfet upgrade. I too, like the OP am confused about the 5 wire connector that runs out from the OEM R/r . You say Honda uses the 5 plug to send 12v power to other circuits. How do you tie in to these circuits with the 2 lead Mosfet R/r? seems like i'm in over my head now.

Archived