Givi Mounting Plate For Oem Hondaline Top Case?

vfrmike06

I've got an 06 VFR with the Givi V35 side cases and PLX mounting bracket already. I'm looking to buy a Honda OEM top case (also made by Givi) from another VFR owner, but can't find any info online for the life of me if the stock Givi M5 or M6 monokey mounting plates will work with it.

I don't want to get the Honda OEM bracket because from what I've read, it's (a) expensive, (b) heavy, and © won't fit with my current Givi side case mounts.

Do you guys happen to know if there's a Givi mounting plate out there that will work with the Honda OEM top case? Or are they completely different beasts and I'll have to fabricate one that fits?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

If I remember correctly, the Honda top box has a different mounting/locking mechanism than the off-the-shelf GIVI units so you might have to acquire the Honda mounting plate. That being said, you might have luck finding what you need at David Silver Spares without breaking the bank.This is a link to their US website. http://www.davidsilverspares.com

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Honda oem top case with oem bracket fitted with givi v35 cases using the plx brackets. The plxr brackets don't work with the oem rear holder but plx is fine. Imo the Honda rear carrier is far better than the givi equivalent and also allows a u-lock to be stored.

Archived