Stator And Reg/rec Help Needed Please

morpheus20170

Need some help with my charging system please.

OEM stator went bad so I had it sent with my reg/rec to West Country Windings. They rewound my stator and sold me a new reg/rec, RR110, but without the additional purple wire.

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/RR110.html

The had some problems and looked at the bike to find this connector from the stator.

With the help of a friend we cut off the connectors and put bullet connectors on.

The bike broke down a few times due to erratic gauges and then no power and I looked at the wires to find the bullet connectors had melted to the wires.

Tested the stator and reg/rec to find the readings were out although I am not great with a multimeter.

Contacted WCW and they don't want to know.

Contacted Electrex World as its their reg/rec that WCW sold me and they have said they will test it if I send it to them. It is seemingly a Series type.

Shindengen do a MOSFET type, FH020, which I have heard good things about but I've been told that Series type isn't suitable for a high revving bike like my CBR1000RR-06.

I really want to spend my money wisely but not keep having these problems.

Thoughts and advice please guys.

Btw, I live in the UK.

Is the original RR completely shot or is the connector just burnt, I'd go back to original RR (fix the burnt wiring) , and then start seeing what you charge readings are across the battery while running are. Or shot gun the whole thing with new oem parts(stator and RR). Personally Ive never found the shunt RR's to be unreliable on any bike longevity wise, to where aftermarket is required or as a last resort. Most go aftermarket to save money, but rarely gain longevity over oem. Its usually weak connections that cause issues.

I guess the first thought, is if the aftermarket rewind is salvageable, and will work with a good known RR, the cheapest route imo.

• 2 months later...

Archived