First Motorcycle

Hey everyone, my name is Dane and I just bought my first street legal bike. I've owned a couple Yamaha dirt bikes over the years but was always afraid of getting into a street bike. I had no idea what would be a good one for me so I tried my father's Harley. It wasn't very comfortable but I loved the feeling of riding on the road.

Anyway, I started browsing craigslist a few months back and stumbled upon a VFR750. I loved the lines of it so I looked at reviews and after finding out that everyone pretty much loves the VFR bikes, I decided to look for a few in my price range. Unfortunately, I broke my foot shortly afterwards so that put plans on the back burner. Even still, I kept looking and found a really clean 1992 750. The guy was asking upper book for it but it was the cleanest one I could find (and in the color I wanted). Anyway, to cut to the chase, I met up with him today after my foot was healed and am now the new owner of a 1992 VFR750 with 3500 original miles.

Congratulations! - I hope you heal well & soon.
Sounds like a good buy. Mine had about that mileage when I bought it in 1993 and 70,000 hard ridden miles later it's still strong as ever.

Hopefully your new VFR still runs well, as it'll have been paid up a long time - but they're not too hard to re-commission if the fuel system has gunked up / fuel tank rusted on the inside. I did it to mine after 15 years in storage.

Enjoy!

Sorry about the double post. This tapatalk app apparently posted when the screen switched off. Thanks for the welcome though! As far as the fuel system goes, it seems to be fine aside from being a little rich below 3,000rpms.

Archived