700 Vs. 750?

slooman

• Member Contributer

I felt that my VFR700F2 was a joy to ride. I did not feel that it had any performance or reliability issues at all. Sure...VFRs have evolved, but each vintage has its own character. Mine is still on the road with its current owner. I agree with those who say that if you find a VFR in special condition, you will enjoy it.

post-6345-0-14121100-1411119677.jpg

I've owned both and never considered the 700 underpowered in any way. Theelf is quite correct that the only difference between them is the crank and rods, the rest of the bikes are identical. If you're looking at buying an 86 model I doubt that a few hp will make a difference. The pearl white is gorgeous but I still pine for RWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The camshafts are also different. I have worked on and rode on both models. The 750 is faster in acceleration and topspeed. In every day driving the difference is not that much. But on the autobahn i am able to vertake a 700 in 5th gear. The difference in topspeeed is at least 30 to 35 km/h.

My desire for a 86-89 VFR is getting just more bad every day. So as I would perfer a 86 whit the round clocks insted of the square ones (If only color was the thing a red whit white wheels thanks), and the 750 one is getting high in price (I have found 2 adds whit low milage RWB 1986 VFR750F that asking price is €8000!) but you find 700cc ones cheap, the power diffrense sure getting more intresting. But its still a long way untill I can get one I think..........

try autoscout.de

if there is one near the NL, your spare bedroom is still available for you...

speaking of NL

:goofy:

Ha..

And thanks again for offering a place to stay if needed. I will come down some day.....

This is quit tempting

http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/motoren-en-scooters/motoren-honda/f_bouwjaar_motor-1980%20tot%201990/fijne-honda-vfr-750f-140730698.html?sr_ab=1&query=vfr&category=2019&local-postcode=&local-distance_value=0&min_prijs=&max_prijs=&order_direction=&order_by=

But for the tire prize more, and less rust: http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/motoren-en-scooters/f_bouwjaar_motor-1980%20tot%201990/mooie-originele-vfr-750-144365650.html?sr_ab=1&order_direction=asc&order_by=price&local-postcode=&query=honda+vfr&max_prijs=&local-distance_value=0&min_prijs=

For €50 more one whit same color as my former:http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/motoren-en-scooters/f_bouwjaar_motor-1980%20tot%201990/honda-vfr750f-1987-144509659.html?sr_ab=1&order_direction=asc&order_by=price&local-postcode=&query=honda+vfr&max_prijs=&local-distance_value=0&min_prijs=

And a nother €50 more a RWB 700: http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/motoren-honda/m836497233-originele-honda-vfr-700-interceptor-klassieker.html?c=be2da871b0d84f75c3056cc6db858f31&previousPage=lr

But no time to come down just now sadly, would fit my budget thro

The camshafts are also different. I have worked on and rode on both models. The 750 is faster in acceleration and topspeed. In every day driving the difference is not that much. But on the autobahn i am able to vertake a 700 in 5th gear. The difference in topspeeed is at least 30 to 35 km/h.

Thanks that is nice to know, well as I live in a country whit no free speed roads, top speed is not a issue.

Thanks that is nice to know, well as I live in a country whit no free speed roads, top speed is not a issue.

'When you like to do powerwheely's buy the 750. :goofy:

'When you like to do powerwheely's buy the 750. :goofy:

I got that, but its not a problem, perfer keeping both tires on ground for control

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I love my 750... They are very scarce... The ONLY vfr750 I have seen in person is the one I purchased lol! Met the guy in New Hope, PA and I forced him to sell it to me.

Mine made 89.3HP on the dyno, and I have no issues keeping up/beating 2006 ish 600s. I almost bought a 700 but I held out for the 750. I drive a v8, so I believe in the no replacement for displacement :)

do you still have this bike?

Of course I do :)

Archived