Carbs Leaking Fuel, Need Advise

Moopjr

I filled it with fresh gas and took it for a nice 40-50 mile ride to see if anything would change. Still has the same popping but now I also notice it on deceleration as well. I'm sure it was there before but I just didn't notice because I did not ride it that far and in as many different riding scenarios. I'm going to either have to take it apart to check everything over again or just drop it off to the local shop to look over.

I will probably drop it at the shop as I don't have much free time these days as my family and I will be moving to NC in 27 days on a job transfer. I need to get it fixed asap so that I can enjoy a few good rides with my current riding buddies.

Thanks again to all and once it is finally sorted I will post what the outcome was for future reference of anyone having similar issues.

-John

Just to add some info, with older bikes with carbs there is a air bleed at fuel cap that does become blocked over time with swelling rubber gasket etc, it is very important as if blocked the tank goes into vacuum & can cause carb floats to stick as well as fuel starvation.

Also the most common reason for popping or back fire is air leakage into exhaust system.

Just to add some info, with older bikes with carbs there is a air bleed at fuel cap that does become blocked over time with swelling rubber gasket etc, it is very important as if blocked the tank goes into vacuum & can cause carb floats to stick as well as fuel starvation.

Also the most common reason for popping or back fire is air leakage into exhaust system.

Always fun in a tunnel with pedestrians or bicycle's. Shifting down and bang !!!!!!!

My laser exhaust has 1 little air leak, for the escape of condensed water. Sometimes when shifting down, this little hole is the cause of a big bang :goofy:

Archived