Cortech Tankbag Pass Thru Port...ideas?

WGREGT

I just this week finally found a dealer willing to come off MSRP for a Cortech tankbag I've been looking at since....October? So I bought it.

Thing is, I'd like to have another one of these pass-thru ports on the left side. They also have a cool little velcro disc on the inside of the bag to keep it closed. I asked Cortech about getting another one, but the rep is clueless.

Anyhow, I've looked around online to try and find another one of these little ports, and thought I'd ask here in case any of you have come across one somewhere. Of course I'd prefer to have one just like this, but I'd take a look at any of them. Maybe someone has a better contact at Cortech/Helmet House, or knows who makes their stuff?

post-8118-0-44138700-1393789980.jpg

post-8118-0-04170400-1393790009.jpg

My guess is that rubber grommet is proprietary to Cortech.

Have you considered the Powerlet Luggage Electrix Pass-Through Port? I'm willing to bet a simple piece of (the correct hook or loop ) velcro purchased from any number of stores would work for sealing off like the Cortech pass-through does.

Check out how this guy used it for his tankbag in his Cortech Dryver & Powerlet Custom Rig.

Other than that, you might be able to find a used Cortech Micro or Cortech Dryver Map/Accessory pocket on eBay for a cheap price and then pull the rubber grommet off of it to stitch onto you tankbag.

Better yet, go to any Goodwill/Thrift store and buy any number of iPod/Music Player cases with rubber pass-through grommets for headphones. Then remove the grommet and use it on your tankbag. That will probably cost you .99 cents.

Archived