1986 Vfr750Fg Mufflers

Rc30clinty

Guys

First post on this site, just bought a '86 VFR750FG, used to own one back in the day, fancied going back down that road once more :)

She has very little miles on the clock for her year and is in lovely order, only 2 owners from new but some one has replaced the standard mufflers with a Motad system, so my question does any one have a spare set of mufflers for sale ? Be great if they were in the UK but i would be interested in hearing from anyone out there

Cheers guys

Ian

Guys

Thanks for the info, thought it may have been worth asking as you never know what might be hung up in someones garage ! believe it or not I had a set at my Grandmother garage from 86 till 2011then it all got binned..............typical

I had seen the Marving set but would have liked a stock set, I am sure there will be some somewhere !

Thanks again

Ian

Fella's

Now found and bought a lovely set of mufflers from the States, I know the finish is technically wrong been alloy rather than black chrome UK type but they will do the job for me - if any one wants a Motad system for their FG drop me a line :biggrin:

No thanks, my FG is fitted with an inox 4 in 1system from Laser. Big advantage, in summertime my feet are no longer barbequed by heat exhaust pipes. Better sound and still street legal. And my bike lost some kilo's. To compensate my gain in kilo's :sleep:

Thanks guys, as good as the Motad is not for me, like the stock look, I figure the stock pipes will last me a good few years

• Member Contributer

I have a set that has maybe 4 kms on them took them off to put on a kerker been in the garage for a while may have a buddy going to england soon so may be able to make arrangements with him if you are interested .

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of interesting information regarding exhausts on the first VFR750's. Here in Britain at least the 86/87 FG/FH came with stainless steel exhaust pipes from new. 88 onwards were made from mild steel which is why Motad never made replacement exhausts for the 86-87 because they never rusted out like the later ones. I've no idea about the USA 700/750 versions though.

Here's my original still looking as good as the day Honda made them.

vfr005.jpg

I own a 86 Canadian origin wich was grey imported in the Netherlands in 88. The headers are ok, but the mufflers in the end rusted out. I replaced them with a 4 in 1 system from Laser. All nice shiny stainless steel

gallery_9697_4401_49697.jpg

Archived