Frontend Swap From Cbr 900 Sc33 And Other Mods - 6X Replica

Guest Everydaybiker

Guest Everydaybiker

Greatings VFRD

Awesome forum this is ! - I am all new to the VFRD but impressed by the builds, topics, and people on this forum. Im am from Denmark and driving a 750 RC24 FK, 1989

I plan to make some changes to the bike because i found that another frontend would do the bike more justice and found a complete frontend from a CBR 900 sc33 that was cheap.

After finding VFRD i was wondering if any of your guys have done a swap similar to this and have any ideer of which headbearings and changes that are needed to complete this swap?

As the FK has the 3 spoked wheel i also wants to change the rearwheel and has been offered a wheel from a CBR 600 F2. any experience with this ? Does this wheel fit the shockcluch and chainwheel and so on ? The rear wheel is primarily optical

I also wonder if any of your now where to get a kerker mufler like the Rainey bike use to have ? - To build a replica of his bike - just in the original red is a dream of mine :)

Thanks

Rasmus Bjerg, Denmark

P.s i attached a pics of the bike with the frontwheel from the cbr 900 testfitted in the old fork

post-28080-0-20302600-1379451999.jpg

Hello and welcome to VFRD!

The head bearings are the same size as your new forks, but, the new steering stem is too short. You will need to fit your VFR stem into the SC33 yoke. This will require machining.

I have done the same swap, and I have a spare modified set of triples. If you are interested, I am willing to sell them. This would allow you to bolt in your new forks easily.

Kerker silencers are rare in Europe but a search on ebay will eventualy produce some. I managed to get a pair for £40 after about 1 year of searching. They are a bit damaged but I can make one good one out of the 2 damaged ones. Finding a left hand side exiting exhaust will be the biggest problem.

kerker_zps9fd22f32.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Thanks for your awesome replyes

SEBSPEED:

Thats awesome info, thanks alot ! :D - Im very interested in the yokes but i think that postal from the us to Denmark will be a bit tricky :) How did the bike end up driving ? worth the troble ?

FTM:

That is some find ! - if you see or hear anything like that let me know - Was it a ebay find ?

Archived