Longer Bar Ends?

auggius

Question

• Member Contributer

I have found that I get better leverage and less neck pain if I keep my hands further apart by holding onto the clipons by the bar ends. I thought about clipons with longer bars (eg Woodcraft) but then had the idea of getting longer bar ends insteads. Would/should be easier to modify. Another 3/4" in length should do it without requiring longer levers. They could even be made with a smaller diameter closer to the clipon so that the grip could slide over it amd maintain the stock bar end length. I couldn't find anything online but seems it should be easy to get made. Maybe it could be prototyped using nylon blocks used in sliders. Anybody have similar thoughts or interested in trying it out?

3 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I have something similar. I installed the ST1300 heated grip kit. The grips are about 1/2" longer and came with longer bar ends. I had to get creative with some PVC pipe and make a clip on extension to support the extra grip length. I also used some bar end spacers I found online.

http://lockitt.com/Lockitt/product/GPHG9901.html

• Member Contributer

Interesting. I've thought about installing heated grips. Do you have pictures of them installed?

Edit: just did a Google search and first item listed is from ST1300 owners' forum about them being discontinued by Honda.

• Member Contributer

The ST1300 grips are each 3/8" longer than the originals. The bar ends are longer too, but I forgot to grab an original to compare them to. You can see the controller for the heated grips on the left fairing panel.

med_gallery_12973_6911_113739.jpg

Archived