Front End Maintenance And Suggestions?

pluseb0

• Member Contributer

I have the front forks off my 05 non-ABS (12k miles) and they are on their way to Jamie @ http://www.daughertymotorsports.com for upgrades to match the rear shock I ordered and installed from Jamie a few months ago.

I am also replacing the pads front and rear with EBC HH and Galfer Stainless Steel brake lines all around, incl. speed bleeders.

*Note of caution on the Galfer SS line kit, the full kit I received, bought from Pashnit, it contained the wrong pitch (1.0 vs 1.25) double banjo bolt for the left side caliper even though package was correctly marked. If you order this kit, check the banjo's!, Galfer sent me the right one after placing a call to them.

Finally, I have put new All-Balls tapered roller bearings in the steering head. Also, I have recently (4-6 months) replaced chain/sprockets, fresh oil/filters and plugs, so those items are not of concern.

So, while I wait on my front forks, any suggestions on other things I should consider while I have this torn down and she sits on the lift, based on others experience with the 6th gens?

I am definitely thinking coolant flush....

Pics to come once the install process begins.

Thanks,

+eb0

• Member Contributer

How old is your coolant?

Clean and inspect all electrical connections?

How about the R/R connections -- anything looking crispy?

• Member Contributer

Thanks Havagan,

I am for sure going to flush the coolant, might do the silicone hoses. Good idea on the electrical connections, think I will spend some time looking at those.

+eb0

Archived