Side Fairing Question - Broke A Clip

I was taking off the side panel, and was able to get all of the hex screws and fasteners off.

As per the instructions i read, you take the whole panel and slide it forward. When you do there is 1 more clip that sits back to front, and will snap off when you pull the panel forward.

I was able to pull it forward, but when i did the white plastic clip that sits on the tip broke off...

Just wondeirng if anyone else had this issue, and if i need it at all..... can i glue the 2 pieces of the white plastic clip on the end of the clip and away i go???

i'll get some pics tonight when i get home

I broke one white clip when I removed the whole fairing set for the first time. Not too bad really. That clip is P/N 90666-SDA-A01 and is used in a lot of Honda bikes and cars and is easily replaced. I bought it at a Honda car dealer parts counter for convenience.

Pictures? I don't recall a white clip when I pulled my left faring off... I will admit I had it 3/4 the way off and I was caught on the plastic piece next to the radiator.

Yes that is the video that I watched first. I put my fairing back on. I think it will be ok until I get it replaced. There is enough other fasteners everywhere

Archived