VF500f/VF750F/CBR600F2/F3/F4/F4i/RR Drive Hub Swap Information

greatwhite

Originally, this thread was started as a question. Having found the required info, I'm turning it into an information thread. Below are the pictures of some of the hubs and I'll be measuring the ones I have available to me so the mounting height data will be here also. Please feel free to measure what you have and post up the results.

Hi all.

My 85 VF750F has been running F2 front and rear wheels for around 7-8 years.

Works great.

But I'm now in the process of rebirth for the bike and am swapping on a 2006 CBR600RR swingarm.

Turns out, I need the offset of the factory cush drive to help clear the chain and the VF500 cush drive I've got on there now isn't going to cut it.

I had the CBR center section when I bought the rim but it's gone adrift somewhere along the way and I can't find it.

Does anyone know which drive section/cush drive will fit the F2 rear wheel?

Obviously, a 91-94 F2 piece will work, but they're harder to come across these days.

F3/F4 pieces seem to be everywhere and dirt cheap.

I don't so much care about the bearings, they'll all be replaced with the the proper sizes and new anyways.

Little help?

Edited by greatwhite

Thanks for the info Seb.

A little "googling" turned up similar info.

Only thing I see is the F4i/RR hubs have 6 drive "tabs" and the F2/3/4 have 5 tabs.

F4i/RR:

209.jpg

F4:

430.jpg

F3:

1335467435_4032.JPG

F2:

$%28KGrHqVHJ!0E9p5UGKrZBPmeoFV%28og~~60_12.JPG

Now, those pics are from an ebay search, so use at your own risk.

Online Fische sites show different part numbers but that could simply be bearing differences or something else inconsequential.

I was thinking of sliding the VF500 piece up on the shelf and saving it.

I'm a bit of a packrat for unusual or unique pieces.

Which is probably why the CBR drive went missing.

Pretty common.....

Edited by greatwhite

I would stick with the 500 hub, but the cbr600rr swingarm has a large support for the unit prolink shock right in the way and spacing the chain out is immeninently preferable to clearancing the swingarm.

The chain needs to be spaced to the left and hopefully a CBR hub will give enough offset. It's fairly close to clearing with the 500 hub, so the CBR hub should do the business.

I'll also have to make up and offset countershaft sprocket to keep the chani alignment at least close to true.

Ah well, just the joys of sticking parts together that were never intended to mate........

Edited by greatwhite

Well, I hope the info presented here helps someone because I no longer need it.

I was out in the garage digging around and I found one small flat heavy box that hasn't been unpacked from the move. It's the very last unopened box in the garage.

Upon popping it open I found the CBR600F2 cush drive and all the little bits, pieces, bearing spacers, etc that I thought I'd lost in the move or had gone adrfit somewhere.

So all is well with the world again.

Tell the truth,I was surprised I had lost it. I'm usually such a packrat with that stuff....

I rough measured the difference between the vf500 hub and the F2 hub and it looks to be 4-5 MM. I say rough because I just used the depth vernier and measured off hte sproket face. It could be a little larger or smaller if hte two sprockets are different thicknesses. I can't remember if I swapped to a 520 chain, a 540 chain or whatever way back when.....

Edited by greatwhite