new chain, 16t front and 45t rear

• Member Contributer

I got a 112 DID Xring vm chain with stock front sprocket and 45t rear but it seems I'm one link short.

I adjust concentric counter clockwise to shorten distance between gears right? Do I have to flip concentric and how is that accomplished? Many thanks

Chris

Oakland, Ca.

• Member Contributer

It doesn't adjust enough to make the 45t rear fit, I read somewhere around here that the stock 112 link chain will work.

• Member Contributer

Maybe with a 15T front sprocket? If you've got the eccentric all the way forward & it doesn't fit, you are SOL.

Yeah I'm pretty SOL

I need one inner link for a DID 50VM X ring chain anybody??

• Member Contributer

Hey Chris,

I've got a wrench in my hood that has an autoshop but also runs an AMA supersport team. I can ask him for the bits you need when he reopens.

What size again?

ps-Did you get your wheel bearing sorted?

Thanks I got it sorted out, my bike is running great except for this chain issue. I have a DID50VM X-ring or DID 530 VM Gold, it has O rings. I need one inner link and one connecting link.

Was finally able to talk to the shop today. He didn't have any 530 chain but said when you're able locate a match, make sure you have 2 master links.

Hopefully you'll have time to get her together for a Sierra run coming up..

• Member Contributer

When you do the sierra rt. give me a call. Just drove over to markleville today for flyfishing trip, new pavement on 88 to @ least Woodfords. Just a lot of rocks on morman immagrant after last weekends storms. caught 5 fish 18+ and a lot between 8 & 12 and the last one 14+ 100_2543.jpg tom100_2548.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Was finally able to talk to the shop today. He didn't have any 530 chain but said when you're able locate a match, make sure you have 2 master links.

Thanks, I sent the 112 back and got a 114t which fits perfectly, I like the extra grunt I've got now!

Thanks, I sent the 112 back and got a 114t which fits perfectly, I like the extra grunt I've got now!

Think you may want to make this run? I'm looking to be riding past Oakland on route to Fairfiled for a roundup..

http://www.vfrdiscus...rday-sept-22nd/

• Member Contributer

Think you may want to make this run? I'm looking to be riding past Oakland on route to Fairfiled for a roundup..

http://www.vfrdiscus...rday-sept-22nd/

Thanks I have plans, have a great ride! It looks like a good route.

Archived