It's RIDE time again!!

zedXmick

• Member Contributer

Getting the VFR 1200F DCT ready for my upcoming two week ride!!! Wired up the GPS and put the EZ-pass on it's own mount. Mounted up my new Kriega Drypack. I just received the Kriega US-70 Combo pack. (1 US-30 and 2 US-20 Packs) I Have 3,900 miles on the VFR so far this year,(bought new this March)and will do a OIL and Filter change Thursday,then leave for Front Royal,Virgina this Friday after work. Doing all the Blue Ridge Parkway,then on to the Deals Gap area,then on to Northern Georgia, then maybe over to the Ozark region,and up the Mississippi River back to Wisconsin. I except to wear out the edges of the New PR3's. The route is NOT carved in stone after Northern Georgia....I'll just see where the road takes me. Total ride mileage between 3,000-4,000 MILES.I'm getting THAT FEELING before a BIG Bike trip... :) :)

A few Pic's.

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012001.jpg

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012002.jpg

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012031-1.jpg

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012008.jpg

This is the Kriega US-20 Pack....for the trip I'll have the US-30 pack here and the two US-20 packs will be added. (one US-20) pack on each side of the US-30.

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012048.jpg

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012049.jpg

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012051.jpg

MichaelsVFR1200TripPics2012032.jpg

Oh yeah that DAMM TALL EZ-pass will only be there in the TOLL states...ie IL,IN,OH,PA,VA. Why have it mounted? It would be no fun dropping the EZ-pass as you get it out of your pocket at 45 MPH....almost happened to me last year with the C14....the damm thing fell out of my hand....bounced off the plastic piece covering the front of the tank and lucky for me,landed between my legs. That's NOT gonna happen this year.

• Member Contributer

I am jealous..............

As you come down the BRP, here is a little detour, dropping off the BRP and back up again...

A little warm up for Deals Gap :tour:

http://www.vfrdiscus...he-devils-whip/

Why don't you permanently mount the EZ-pass? There's a nice little spot behind the red plastic up front that's perfect for it. Pretty easy to get that piece off too. Nice thing is it's completely hidden so you don't see that ugly thing and neither does anyone else so they aren't temped to steal it. Works great. I've had mine there for over a year and it works every time.

Why don't you permanently mount the EZ-pass? There's a nice little spot behind the red plastic up front that's perfect for it. Pretty easy to get that piece off too. Nice thing is it's completely hidden so you don't see that ugly thing and neither does anyone else so they aren't temped to steal it. Works great. I've had mine there for over a year and it works every time.

Is it behind the red plastic above the headlight or when you remove the fairing?

Is it behind the red plastic above the headlight or when you remove the fairing?

Right behind the red plastic above the headlight. I think it took me all of 30 mins to take it apart, mount it, and put it back together. Just make sure you put the EZ-pass facing the same as it would if it were on your windshield in a car. That location pretty much puts it at the same angle as a car windshield would be. Seems that the EZ-pass has to be mounted that way to work consistantly. I just zip tied mine to the wire bundle right there but you could probably do the velcro stick ons to the back of the red cover too.

This should help: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/64995-the-lazy-windscreen-removal-method/page__hl__windscreen

• Member Contributer

So it goes about where the HONDA is on the red plastic? (underside of course)

So it goes about where the HONDA is on the red plastic? (underside of course)

Yep. Maybe just above it. If you look at the link I added there is a pic of what it looks like underneath. There is a small open area and it goes right in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the VFR 1200F DCT ready for my upcoming two week ride!!! Wired up the GPS and put the EZ-pass on it's own mount. Mounted up my new Kriega Drypack. I just received the Kriega US-70 Combo pack. (1 US-30 and 2 US-20 Packs) I Have 3,900 miles on the VFR so far this year,(bought new this March)and will do a OIL and Filter change Thursday,then leave for Front Royal,Virgina this Friday after work. Doing all the Blue Ridge Parkway,then on to the Deals Gap area,then on to Northern Georgia, then maybe over to the Ozark region,and up the Mississippi River back to Wisconsin. I except to wear out the edges of the New PR3's. The route is NOT carved in stone after Northern Georgia....I'll just see where the road takes me. Total ride mileage between 3,000-4,000 MILES.I'm getting THAT FEELING before a BIG Bike trip... :) :)

Oh yeah that DAMM TALL EZ-pass will only be there in the TOLL states...ie IL,IN,OH,PA,VA. Why have it mounted? It would be no fun dropping the EZ-pass as you get it out of your pocket at 45 MPH....almost happened to me last year with the C14....the damm thing fell out of my hand....bounced off the plastic piece covering the front of the tank and lucky for me,landed between my legs. That's NOT gonna happen this year.

Pretty sure we talked at a gas station somewhere near Milwaukee. Hope your trip is awesome. It was great talking to you.

• Member Contributer

briandor

I mounted the EZ-pass per your post...works great....completely hidden...thanks for the tip!!

Had three days of extreme heat,91 degrees thru Chicago,and 93 degrees thru Pittsburg,PA. Will be in Front Royal,tomorrow. Much better riding temps this next week.

• Member Contributer

EmptySea

Welcome to the site!!

A lot of great info here. Are you the guy thinking of getting the VFR? I am sure there are great deals to be had in the Chicago area....life is short....do it....it's a great ride!

Yes, I was the guy thinking of the VFR as my next bike. I'm on a CBR250r right now. I just was at my local dealer today and looked at the one VFR they had. I think I will wait until the end of next summer in hopes of picking up a pre-owned one at a good price.

briandor

I mounted the EZ-pass per your post...works great....completely hidden...thanks for the tip!!

Had three days of extreme heat,91 degrees thru Chicago,and 93 degrees thru Pittsburg,PA. Will be in Front Royal,tomorrow. Much better riding temps this next week.

Glad I could help. It's always much nicer having less stuff on the bars or right in front of you when riding.

Yes, I was the guy thinking of the VFR as my next bike. I'm on a CBR250r right now. I just was at my local dealer today and looked at the one VFR they had. I think I will wait until the end of next summer in hopes of picking up a pre-owned one at a good price.

Big leap from that 250 to the V12! I'm sure you're up to it! lol!

How do you like the little Honda? There's a little bit of me that would love to own that bike. I...don't...know...why... :huh:

• Member Contributer

Home again after 11 days on the road, completed the BRP,(and the 105 mile Skyline Drive) 2800+ total miles....1100 miles of two lane heaven... longest day (hours and miles) yesterday coming home left Knoxville TN at 06:30 AM central time arrived home at 08:10 PM....covered 824 miles..... NOT a single drop of rain this year.... went three days of 90+ degrees rides, with the average temps in the mid 60's on the BRP....the VFR was a GREAT ride thru it all....

US129photos.com has some pic's of the VFR on the gappage....sept 13th under sport bikes pictures 1874-1882....the VFR looks good. :) here is a link to one of them.

Xtreme Sports Photography at PhotoReflect.com

notice some of the leaves just starting to change....WHAT a great ride....

Archived