Dreaded Honda Clips

bryan217

• Member Contributer

This is not the typical, 'how do I remove the stupid Honda clips on the fairing'. I actually had no problem at all removing them, didn't break or lose any. But now that I'm putting it back together, I can't figure out how to put the clips back in and have them lock.

BTW, what a pain to change the headlight bulbs on the 6th gen. I had one of the low beams go out, and knowing it was so much work, I decided to replace the other low beam while I was there. The fairings weren't that bad. Too be honest, the hardest thing was removing the plug from the back of the bulbs. But I got it done, got everything back in place, but can't seem to get the clips to catch. Somebody please tell me what I'm missing. :sad:

You have to pull the centre part back to where it is not flush on top (needs to be about 16th of an inch above the cap) so the part that goes in the hole is able to come back to allow the side to close. And that won't happen unless you have 3 hands(not really), but you'll need to spread the pointed tip to get the middle to retract. Piece of cake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Above responses are agreed with....needle nose pliers help achieve what they are stating.

I feel your pain as last weekend I disconnected my headlights. I applied some dielectric grease

to the prongs on the bulbs to make them easier to disconnect the next time I have to do so.

I and others us GM clips as the Honda are difficult to use. GM TR240 clips (OEM 21077123) 25 for $6.00)

Another alternative recommend to me: www.fastenerwharehouse.com/catalog/item56836/2509102.htm

Kevin in Atlanta

• 3 weeks later...

Archived