Will '09 blade rear shock fit '97 vfr750? Need info soon...

Hi all,

Wanting to improve the rear shock on my '97. I know earlier Blade shocks will fit but does anyone know if a 2009 Blade one will go in there? (I have seen one going for a song).

Thanks.

Just realised that the rear-facing reservoir will preclude this. What about a 2007-09 item, or is the 929 shock the easiest route? Ta.

• Member Contributer

i fitted a 929 shock not long ago my standard shock was ok but i was told that this was a hot mod i had to cut the metal shield that sits between the rear mudguard and the shock its there to stop the road crap getting onto the shock i think also made the needed spacer because the shock is to short in standard trim.

just matched the standard lengths of the two shocks with the spacer some people say make the spacer a little longer so the bike turns in faster but you can buy linkages for that if you want at a later date or just put some washers between the spacer and frame anyway i found with the 929 shock i had to wind it up to max preload and adjust the compresion and rebound to max and then back both out two turns now she handles i don't know the spring rate of the 929 shock but before i adjusted everything it was set to factory standard so i think it is a little softer spring than the vfr i am 80 kilos so anyone who has more poundage i think will have to do something with the spring like use the vfr one maybe? the 929 shock has a rear facing reservoir also but after you make your spacer thing it clears fine no cutting of any plastic bits.

you just have to diconect some wires moove the rear subframe back about four inches suport it as you do the shock work with a couple of bungies from the roof or something.

Archived