96 VFR Conversions??

Guest WSmiddy

Guest WSmiddy

Hello everyone,

I have just joined and this is my only question so far...

I have just bought a VFR for $100 from a friend! I have seen a lot of conversions to the CBR fairings and LOVE them...But does anyone know what years match up? And will i have to get a new sub-frame to use the rear fairing? I have most owned gsxr's in the past and so this is kinda new to me..Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• Member Contributer

Sorry but can't help you with the plastics.

Sounds like a nice friend you have to sell you a bike for $100. But on this forum we need pics of the bike or you just don't exist! You can post them up in the welcome forum.

• Member Contributer

Sorry but can't help you with the plastics.

Sounds like a nice friend you have to sell you a bike for $100. But on this forum we need pics of the bike or you just don't exist! You can post them up in the welcome forum.

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone,

I have just joined and this is my only question so far...

I have just bought a VFR for $100 from a friend! I have seen a lot of conversions to the CBR fairings and LOVE them...But does anyone know what years match up? And will i have to get a new sub-frame to use the rear fairing? I have most owned gsxr's in the past and so this is kinda new to me..Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to VFRD, your in the right place for info on anything VFR.

If a CBR conversion is your main goal in life then yes it is possible.

Actually anything is possible given forethought, patience and time!

Apart from similar years vfr 94-97 standard bodywork, nothing actually matches up off the cuff! Not that easy am afraid.

I myself went for Ducati bodywork as its cheap and readily avaliable. Have made it so the standard or lighter race sub frames simply bolt on!

Sub frames front and rear will want either making (best solution for speed and fitment) or altering (harder work usually with compromises in the long run) to fit your desired bodywork.

There are lots of threads to help you here on VFRD if you have the time to browse and read....

I am yet to see more than 1 or 2 conversions i would call 'factory'.. they rarely look 'right', normally just ok with compromises.

The bodywork 'angles' just dont seem to flow for my eye ~~~~~

Waiting to be proved wrong there tho!

Then again the VFR has always been a little odd anyway, might be why??

If you run a thread on here for your conversion with pics usually, you will get all the help you need with suggested solutions to all your fitting woes.

Its actually quite an easy job if you have all the correct tools to hand!

I personally struggle with just a hacksaw, file and a lot of trial and error!

Good luck with your build.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that you sold me the extra bodywork that came with it, yer bike was technically free! Lucky bastage you are...

This is the right place for conversion info; tons of it. And yes, the cost of advice is pictures for the rest of us! Keep us updated.

To keep everyone up to date in-case you haven't seen my other post I am not converting to CBR fairings now. I have decided to go the street fighter route. This is the front Im going with. Tank and fairing under seat is going blue too.

post-25537-0-23014900-1343799421.jpg

post-25537-0-77867800-1343799633.jpg

post-25537-0-85066800-1343799636.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived