Slip-on exhaust

I'd really like to replace the stock muffler on my third gen. with a slip-on that would sound a little better without being too loud (I do leave early for work ...) Budget dictates used and I have time to look around (the stock is working fine), but I'd appreciate some feedback on what others have used and liked, especially since there's not many 3rd or 4th gen's around here so I can't listen to somebody else's first. And if you know of one that just might be available let me know. Thanks!

Not much out there for gen 3. I ended up pulling the akrapovic off my ZX7R and cutting/welding the OEM link pipe to some ZX6R link pipes cut and welded. Basically had to fab up my own tubing.

PIA but finally got a lighter better sounding can on mine. For sound (quiet vs quality), LeoV Evo II is pretty good. Would track down a slipon for a GSXR600/750 and go from there. Yes, a PITA but may be the only way you're going to get a pipe to fit.

post-19422-0-50762600-1342331731.jpg

• Member Contributer

My old exhaust page could be of historical interest. I don't know if anyone still makes a 3rd-gen exhaust. They come up on eBay from time to time, though. Good luck--slip-ons make VFRs sound very, very nice!

Ciao,

Steve,

I to am having this problem, for the sounds you should go on you tube. there are quite a few different exhausts on there.

Ebay is the place to look for new and used cans and even full systems.

take care

Archived