Center-stand components?

Guest smithe2

Guest smithe2

Does anyone know all of the hardware used for the centerstand on a 96 vfr? I have a stand and the rod that connects underneath the bike, but I need the hardware. From what I can see on those for sale on Ebay there is a bracket and two springs, one to hold the stand up, and one inside the connecting rod to assist in lifting the bike. I just want to make sure that is all I'd need upon asking my local shop for, otherwise I may have to buy a complete stand online.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

Looks like all of the parts for a 4th-gen center stand, new from Ron Ayers, would set you back only about $150. All of the other parts (if you have the two biggest ones) would only cost you about $25. (The 3rd-gen is totally different and has a big cast iron bracket that bolts to the engine.)

Ciao,

M8x20 bolt (I'm pretty sure), centerstand, pivot shaft, weird C-shaped bracket that springs attach to, 1 large spring with rubber housing, 1 smaller spring, and a washer. I attached both springs to the same points, as per the service manual.

M8x20 bolt (I'm pretty sure), centerstand, pivot shaft, weird C-shaped bracket that springs attach to, 1 large spring with rubber housing, 1 smaller spring, and a washer. I attached both springs to the same points, as per the service manual.

Thanks for the bolt size, I'll be needing to buy that. I found a complete stand on ebay for 20 bucks so that should save me some trouble, plus I hate the honda shop by my house, the guys are very rude. Unfortunately my service manual nor owners manual have anything about assembly, which I found odd. I will have to do some digging on where the springs attach

Thanks for the pic. I am having some trouble here, however. I have the larger spring attached and everything is assembled except the smaller spring. It appears both of the spring go on the same points, however I cannot find enough space on the centerstand where the larger spring already is. The only thing I can think of is to put the smaller spring inside the larger.

Nevermind, got it all on and the stand is functioning just fine. Still takes a decent amount of muscle to get it up but oh well. Thanks for all your help

Archived