Stock shim-stack configurations on the VFR forks

npat

Does anyone know what the stock shim stack configurations (compression and rebound) are on a VFR800 VTEC (6th gen, 2002-2009) fork?

When I rebuilt mine, I neglected to record the original configurations, and I think it might be usefull, sometime in the future, so I would like to know.

If you know the stock confgurations for other model-years, do report them (others may find them useful)

Reporting format could be something like this:

Compession:

Bleed hole: diameter or "no bleed" or indication of other bleed method (e.g. "bleed shim", or "hole on cartridge body", etc)

Stack:

(number) thickness x OD

(number) thickness x OD

.... and so on.

Ommit the "(number)" if it's "(1)"

The same for rebound.

All measurements in mm, otherwise indicate units.

• Member Contributer

Not sure how soon you're looking for this info, but I have yet to update my forks with the new internals I got from Jamie D. Been too busy to start this project. When I finally do get to it, I can take pics and do measurements if you like.

Cheers

Not sure how soon you're looking for this info, but I have yet to update my forks with the new internals I got from Jamie D. Been too busy to start this project. When I finally do get to it, I can take pics and do measurements if you like.

Cheers

No hurry at all!

Just remember to do it when you diassemble your stock valves!

I would do it myself but I was stupid enough to mix-up the stock parts as I disassembed them without taking notice of their order, so now it's too late.

It would be nice to have it handy as a reference.

Cheers! :beer:

Archived