It doesn't really do it all, after all

Hvrnaut

All I can say is it really does do it after all. I had a vfr1200dct. I put 12,000 + miles on it in less then a year. I traded it for a tenere. I am not going to say that trading it was a mistake (except for the big hit I took on it) cause the tenere is a good bike. I do miss the vfr and man I really miss the dct. Even with some of its faults I really think honda has the right idea. I probably should have waited for the 2nd generation with revised dct and TC. At 17,400 I think I will wait a few years before picking one up because there are just too many other bikes out there that I would enjoy riding that are 1000's less. I recently read an article that said honda can no longer keep discounting there bikes and that your just going to have to pay the price for them or there just not going to be available much longer. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years but it seems that Triumph, BMW, Ducati are on a real roll and some of the other particularly honda are walking away from this market. Anyway I have to say I would probably have over 25,000 miles on that VFR if I kept it and a lot of time I think I should have.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that Honda is shying away from being more competitive in the market. I'm a pretty loyal Honda buyer. I've owned many products with their name on it, whether it be four wheels, two wheels, or no wheels at all (generators, mowers, washers, etc.)

That said, I'm giving this bike all the chances I can. Putting $ into it to make it "mine". So far, so good. I'm focusing on the positive, and have really enjoyed it much more.

That said, there is no shortage of great bikes out there, so I def can see you branching out to another brand. While I've owned trucks for ten years, I don't see myself ever owning one bike for that long. Too much new tech, and the styling just grabs me sometimes.

I thing Honda is trying to be competitive, I'm sure they spend zillions on developing the VFR. The problems must be a group of a-holes making all the decisions. Honda's priority's have shifted, they might even be working on something completely revolutionary that has nothing to do with bikes, like a $20,000 hydrogen powered car or some s***.

Either way, Honda is not what they used to be, and my next bike won't be a Honda, that's for sure.

It's a shame that Honda is shying away from being more competitive in the market. I'm a pretty loyal Honda buyer. I've owned many products with their name on it, whether it be four wheels, two wheels, or no wheels at all (generators, mowers, washers, etc.)

That said, I'm giving this bike all the chances I can. Putting $ into it to make it "mine". So far, so good. I'm focusing on the positive, and have really enjoyed it much more.

That said, there is no shortage of great bikes out there, so I def can see you branching out to another brand. While I've owned trucks for ten years, I don't see myself ever owning one bike for that long. Too much new tech, and the styling just grabs me sometimes.

Tbh I think Honda are pretty much "on the ball" when it comes to bikes. There's really not much manufacturers providing for that much market and choice. BMW (nearly) only caters for more expensive markets, now also doing the 1L superbike (and doing it very well!), but Honda caters for all equally. They make great bikes in all divisions imho, from the CB(F), the new NX, CBR, the VFRF and VFRX, the Pan,...

Styling is of course subjective. Some will prefer the looks of the S1000RR over the blade, but in the end they cater for the same market.

Archived