Pilot Power 2CT, front. Mileage.

npat

A while ago I replaced my rear Pilot Power 2CT on my sixth gen after about 6000 km (replaced it with another 2CT). It was almost totally bald at the midle (no cords showing, though) and only a little thread remaining at the sides. The front has still a lot of thread. How much mileage should I expect from it? Will it last for another 6000km, so I can go with 2 rears, 1 front?

(I'm running with 38 PSI rear, 35 front)

How is the front wearing in comparison, the problem with dual compound fronts, the sides can wear excessively, then the bike will over steer severely. So it just depends how evenly they wear.

But generally, I get 1 1/2 rear to 1 front, on the original single compound front, I never change in sets, I wear each tire to near failure.

Edit : I should have said I run road two rear, with ppower rear, its about 2.5 rears to one front.

How is the front wearing in comparison, the problem with dual compound fronts, the sides can wear excessively

I think it wears evenly, but I will check tomorrow to make sure.

It will certainly depend on your driving style and roads. Faster and frequent cornering will wear the sides off the front more quickly. We have lots of twisties and abrasive chip seal in the mountains of the Northwest. Riding a consistant pace on twisty roads fast in corners and not speeding up much in the straights one can wear a front before a rear. On the other hand accelerating hard out of corner will eat up rear tires very fast. Ham fisted and fewer corners you can go through 2 rears to a front easy.

Archived