Carbon Tank Cover

Just wanted to post a couple of pictures of the carbon tank cover I placed on this weekend. Geelong makes a great product that fits perfectly, but damn if I didn't wind up getting off a little on the right hand side. If you buy this be very careful placing. There is no second chance.

http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/products/VFR1200-F%7B47%7D-DCT-2010-2011Tank-Protector-%252d-One-Size.html

Carbon-zzz

Damn!

Racer- it's double sided and I think you are right about wetting it first. I didn't think about it at the time. I lined it up perfectly, taped it down on the top so it wouldn't move, rotated it up and removed all tape. On the way down I must have been to fouced on the top and just let the bottom section rest- causing an uneven land. I think it looks really nice. It fits PERFECT- as far as design- the problem was on my end.

• 3 years later...

Great product! I just got my CF tank protector and, yes... it is a bit tricky to get it perfectly positioned.

You can pull it back off (gently) and reposition it. I did and also removed the 3 tapes up the center.

When I pushed on the center during the first attempt, there was a slight depression with the tape sticking, so removing the center tape it makes it looks perfect.

I just sent an email to the manufacturer, Geelong Carbon Craft in Australia asking if they were interested in making a full-length topside cover. If enough of us were interested I bet he would do it!

This protector looks so good, I hate to see it stop at the back of the filler cap! If it went all the way to the front of the tank, it would look perfect IMO. We'll see!

Here's mine:

P1000875_zpsfjueltpg.jpg

P1000873_zpst6oupsre.jpg

P1000874_zpsjfldqyk5.jpg

Cheers,

BLIGHT

• Member Contributer

I wish I could find the info on the maker of this. He makes a few models. I got it in 2010. I'll keep looking.

Found it! carbonpartz.net

post-8780-0-46441300-1439425156.jpg

Archived