Hunting the elusive 6th Gen VFR 800 OEM Mounting Brackets

Guest DanZeros

Guest DanZeros

I have been hunting rather relentlessly to find a mounting kit for my 2003 VFR's OEM Hard Saddlebags. I already have been screwed since I purchased them thinking that they would come with the expected items, you know keys, mounting stuff etc. When people say everything needed included etc. and all. So now I have been hunting for a reasonable deal on the OEM mounting brackets / a suitable stand in (considered fabricating them myself already) for a few months and I am looking to enlist the help of anyone who might know something that I have not dug up already.

Are there any other manufacturer created mounting kits that will match the OEM bags? (I have heard that Givi was enlisted to make the OEM bags in the first place but was unable to find another model that would accommodate them)

Anyone wanna sell me their stock mounts? (Me love you long time)

Anyone found the mounting kit for cheaper than 250ish somewhere? I have been rather incredibly thorough so far, but maybe I missed something.

Any help information wise or otherwise super appreciated. I want these suckers on my bike bad, it has been rather horrible hunting so far. Especially since I have been screwed once. Planning on picking the lock on my bags and getting new lock cylinders this weekend.

Also I do have the luggage liner OEM silver Honda bags that evidently go inside them. If anyone wants to buy those I do not think I will need them and saw some people posting elsewhere for them. Last but not least I am hunting an aftermarket seat Corbin or Sargent in particular but would consider others. Just put in an offer on a Sargent one but have not yet received a response, so someone can have my business if they are trying to unload one of those as well.

TL:DR - VFR 800 OEM hardbag mounts - You sell me I love you long time. A seat could be nice too.

Have you tried PowerSportPlus.com or david SilversSpares ... Power Sports is in GA USA and Silvers is Britain... run a search on this site for either and you may find links and deals reported by others .. I think VFristas were getting good deal from the Brit.

Hey I searched Powersportsplus.com and davidsilverspares.co.uk for 08L41-MCW-1000W and they are super expensive on powersportsplus (330 not including additional) and D/C'd on Silverspares. Been watching Ebay for the last few months and have not seen a single one posted. Also been hunting locally and watching ALL of the craigslist's (worldwide search) for a while as well, nothing so far.

Edit: Also elsewhere in the forum someone posted you need other hardware but did not fully specify.

(Just trying to get saddlebags on my new VFR is making me wallet sad, did not have this trouble with my 1997 VFR 750)

So in addition to the "pannier stay kit" you need the "sub bracket kit" part number 08L41-MCW-800B in addition to part number 08L41-MCW-1000W <- Do you need this if you have the stock fender kit?

Hit up kijiji, cycletrader and craigslist and every bike you see with brackets email the person asking if they would sell them separately. I've seen more than a few listings of bikes with bracket but no bags over the last few years.

• Member Contributer

I'll never understand people that sell the bike with the brackets, but not the bags. I had to pass on a local deal because he didn't have the brackets.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have been looking on craigslist, searching all of it across the US/CAN via Adhuntr. Have not seen any bikes with brackets and no luggage. I am sincerely annoyed with this hunting, if anyone has brackets and wants to buy cases I would sell my half at this point and buy aftermarket.

Are there any aftermarket mounts that would fit the OEM hardcases?

Baileyrock helped me out, much appreciation to him and everyone else who replied. Now ill be able to mount the bags! Just need to get a more comfortable seat and I think I can do the California to Colorado 1 shot trip I have been wanting to do.

As per my original post, me love baileyrock long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived