Motorcycle Lift

onokiyo

No, that's designed for parimiter frame bikes like cruisers, not ST or sport bikes.

For $299 you can get their real ride on bike lift. (Cycle World coupons in back)

BR

No, that's designed for parimiter frame bikes like cruisers, not ST or sport bikes.

For $299 you can get their real ride on bike lift. (Cycle World coupons in back)

BR

+1. I would highly recommend saving the $150 bucks to get the big lift. I plan on buying one next month.

• Member Contributer

Just my $.02 - the table lifts will raise the bike up, but if you want to do any suspension work, engine work (not that your new 1200 will need it...) you will still need wheel stands on the lift. You might want to think about this -

http://www.ebay.com/...7bedc13&vxp=mtr

I bought the Harbor Freight version, then mocked up adaptors for my '85, and will weld up a proper set some day. It work well and raises it up HIGH

post-16289-0-32242800-1337909190.jpg

post-16289-0-05724300-1337909253.jpg

Since I don't have much space at home, I put all my tools in the shed. The lift has to be as small as possible so I can carry and put it away when I'm done working on the bike. Occasionally, I will need both wheels off the ground so I'm looking for something within the budget like $300 or less and suits my situation. By any chance, do you have a link that I can look at?

Since I don't have much space at home, I put all my tools in the shed. The lift has to be as small as possible so I can carry and put it away when I'm done working on the bike. Occasionally, I will need both wheels off the ground so I'm looking for something within the budget like $300 or less and suits my situation. By any chance, do you have a link that I can look at?

That lift works well for Unbalanced Only because all his VFR's have perimeter frames like current cruisers and UNLIKE your 7th gen. I do NOT think it will work for you.

The HF platform lift is $299 and you can have both wheels off teh ground if you have a floor jack and a center stand. Also the stand is on wheels and can be rolled around.

post-301-0-58218200-1337911351.jpg

• Member Contributer

That lift works well for Unbalanced Only because all his VFR's have perimeter frames like current cruisers and UNLIKE your 7th gen. I do NOT think it will work for you.

The HF platform lift is $299 and you can have both wheels off teh ground if you have a floor jack and a center stand. Also the stand is on wheels and can be rolled around.

Excellent point BR, sorry for the confusion...

Archived