Givi F242 Top Case Mount

Guest Kestrel

Guest Kestrel

I'm selling my current bike and looking at picking up a 4th gen VFR. I plan to take a 3 week cross country trip toward the end of the summer, and would love to throw a top case on the bike. I've already got a Givi E36 top box collecting dust in the garage, and I'd *love* to have hard luggage for a trip like that. Seems like the luggage is pretty tough to find these days, unfortunately.

It seems that Givi still makes the top box kit F242, and a couple of vendors carry it. Does anybody have experience with this setup? Photos would be appreciated, as well as a weight limit!

• Member Contributer

I do have this setup. Purchased it off Ebay. Came with the wrong Plate but the Ebay suppier quickly remedied it by sending me the proper plate.

I have not yet tested it with an installed top box while riding. I mearly installed it to see if it would fit.

I did have clearance issues with my Highmount exhaust and I had to modify the mounting brackets.

I have pictures of the kit mounted without the fairings....I'll find them and post them up.

I can help! I just picked up that rack from another forum member recently while rebuilding my totaled 97. I really like it, although I haven't taken it for a ride yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it were extremely tippy since the case is so high. Also not sure on the weight limit either, but you can fit a medium dog or small child in the E360.

You have to trim a slot in the inner finder (black part) to fit the forward mounting brackets and sand the edge of the tail section underneath (the red part) a little.

Here is a pic of the case mounted:

2012-05-13_20-19-54_743.jpg

This is the edge I had to trim with a dremel to clear the tail section. I forgot to get a picture of the trimmed inner fender, but it's barely noticeable and just a slot:

2012-05-13_20-21-17_703.jpg

You can remove the whole rack by taking out four bolts, leaving only these tabs. You don't even have to take the seat off, but I'll probably paint them both to match later:

2012-05-13_20-24-57_734.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived