Missing bolt? and maintenance

Guest bmatic586

Guest bmatic586

So I was poking around my 2007 VFR today just looking exactly where the oil filter is because i need to change the oil, and I noticed that on one of the spark plug wires (left, at the front of the engine) the screw that holds it in place is missing (the pictures are attached). The shop where i bought the bike changed out the plugs, but apparently forgot the screw that holds that one in place.

I have also noticed that the bikes vibrations at the footpegs got progressively worse since this was done. I don't ride the bike much, but the vibrations have definitely gotten worse.

Could this mistake have damaged the plug? Should I change all the plugs, again?

I'm about to do an oil change and replace the air filter in it as well. I also couldn't find this bolt part number in the parts list, can anyone tell me what this part number of the bolt is?

Thanks.

post-21857-0-22371000-1336437996.jpg

post-21857-0-95142600-1336438172.jpg

post-21857-0-18548800-1336438182.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi there, I'd take the bolt out from the other spark plug holder and take it to a NAPA (do they still exist?) store. Or to the dealer and ask for one.... :laugh:

Changing the plugs again sounds a bit excessive (your $).

Does it have to be the same to the other side? Try to take it and try it on the missing bolt if it fits then you have it there.

Hi there, I'd take the bolt out from the other spark plug holder and take it to a NAPA (do they still exist?) store. Or to the dealer and ask for one.... :laugh:

Changing the plugs again sounds a bit excessive (your $).

I just want to make sure it runs like it should. I don't know if that cable being loose like that would have damaged the plug.

Archived