Removing front center fillet 3rd gen ?

Guest Xtreme

Guest Xtreme

Hi

Some small stones from a truck made a nasty crack to my front center filet and I tried to remove it by taking off the two plastic connectors and gently trying to pry it off but it didnt budge.

So what I'm asking is, how can I remove it without disassembling the whole front ?

Of course I could fix it on sight, but it would become "cleaner" fix if I would repair it while off the bike

The piece I'm talking about is the one that goes in the middle of the headlamps:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VFR750-VFR-750-F-centre-panel-below-headlight-1990-93-/350503546561?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item519ba3aec1

• Member Contributer

ISTR that it is attached inside to the upper left and right fairing pieces, so it would be a fairing removal job.

Mine snapped near the top so I decided to see what it looked like cut off flush at the bottom and just kept it that way. It looks like this:

P9100005x.JPG

Ciao,

Hi!

Thanks for answering...I glued the crack from the edges with CA and baking powder and show it some black touch up pen...it may not be mint, but it well be good enough for a 20 years old bike :)

Archived