4g caliper swap info.

So my bike has been without a back brake since I first put it on the road last spring, for 90% of riding, I don't miss it one bit, but there is that every so often that I DO want to trail brake, or need to.. I also like it for wheelie control.. The latter reason not being so important, but still. Its just left me aching to fix it, but all 3 calipers on my bike came frozen solid with Utah salt. I bought a used front set to get it going originally.

Lately I've been putterin' around in the basement shop, not really doing much, just picking up, when I looked at my stock caliper pile and realized the left front sure as hell looked a lot like the rear. I pulled them out and compared, so close, then I thought about the other side being different, I matched the right side up, and bam, fits like a glove, anchor swaps right over without a hinge.

Lucky for me this happened to be the best of my three and I just got it freed up and working smoothly, I have back brakes!! Now if I could just hurry up and finish it so I can get it on the road. I'm currently in the midst of rewiring the whole thing, I'm separating the stock harness and using what I need from it to make a bare bones harness. What an ordeal.

Bet nobody else with a fourth gen bike has a gold rear caliper, huh? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Bet nobody else with a fourth gen bike has a gold rear caliper, huh? :goofy:

Not yet, but since I have couple of sets, I will soon :smile: thanks for the info!

Archived