interceptor rebuild 1984

Guest steve1979

Guest steve1979

bought the bike last year having carb problems check out my pictures and video any help would be nice

thanks steve

p.s. picture in my gallery

bought the bike last year having carb problems check out my pictures and video any help would be nice

thanks steve

p.s. picture in my gallery

I'm working on one right now as well. I'd suggest putting more info on here lol. You should never take these carbs apart. You can take the bowls off and soak the whole thing in Simple green and water to clean them. You can find a PDF of the manual on this site....somewhere and also there's info all over the net, just gotta do your research. I just took my carbs off yesterday, putting a different set on tomorrow or the next. Bike looks clean from what I can see in the pics. Good luck :-)

the problem is i did rebuild the carbs and the bike ran well till i put everything bak toghether and drove the bike started stalling when hot and the revs were nerver constant check out my videos when first started the bike since 1992 after the carb rebuild

You don't wanna take the carbs off the base unless absolutely necessary because of the plastic tubes being fragile and possibly mixing up parts and losing springs.

Ok, I can't see the vids :-/ says plug in not available. If you think the rubber boots are leaking you can try spraying some wd40 on them when it's at idle and if the rpms increase then that could be your problem. Sounds kind of like an ignition problem since it acts up while it's hot, check spark plugs,wires and coil packs.

I wouldn't use the red straw with the wd40 just try to get a mist around the area...if there's a leak you want it to suck the wd40 in....I think you can use starting fluid as well?

• Member Contributer

First off. The only issue with taking the carbs apart was remembering to take the two little springs that go between the front two and back two carbs on the bit that the throttle rotates. Otherwise they go flying and you spend the next hour crawling around looking for them. Otherwise nothing to taking them apart other than keeping everything straight.

As to your problem. Did you sync the carbs? If you took them all apart then they are probably way out of sync. Do a search for it. Otherwise maybe your fuel mixture is off.

i did rebuild the carbs and i did a basic synch with the procedure in the original honda manuel

and also set the pilot jet like they said in the book

I also noticed the back cylinders the spark wasnt super pulled the wires when engine was running did not change much

cheked everything pulse genarator wiring to spark units even the compression everything is ok

only thing left to do check valve clearance

• Member Contributer

There's more to do before then.

Check that all plugs are getting spark.

Check the spark plug gap.

Check that you have fuel in each carb bowl.

Check that the fuel level in each bowl is correct.

Make sure you have fresh gas in the bike.

Do a proper carb sync with a carb sync tool (different than a bench sync)

Check fuel filter

Check air filter

Check oil for anything wrong (color, odor, age)

Check coolant for anything wrong

If that list of easy stuff to check doesn't improve anything, then it could be something with the valves.

I tested them even changed it it is quiet weird what happend i just bought a parts bike and it runs so i think i will compare data from one to the other

I'm thinking you may have a short somewhere, I'd check all the fuses,wiring and connections everywhere. Unplug the Voltage regulator and see if the plastic housing is corroded and possibly melted (mine is) also check the wires coming from the spark unit which controls the rear cylinders, it's the one on the right...I think the plug itself is Red...mine was halfway unplugged lol.The voltage regulator has 2 plugs, the one going to the alternator/yellow wires is the one on mine that's melted.

Archived