Passed on a running '91' today

Almost took in a mostly stock 91 w/ 45k on the clock. Seller wanted $700.

Easily worth it for the fox shock, 8 spoke, clean tank, running motor, etc. Started right up and sounded tight. All of the exposed wiring looked sound as well.

Most of the panels were there (in the background) except for the upper bubble/windshield.

Weighed the options of being a parts distributor, making a track bike (the original plan) or the most expensive option; making it road worthy again. (which it could be)

But because it had beed "junked" at DMV, it would have been a Lazarus move.

Lic-Reg. back fees $, brake and light certification $$, DMV inspections. That's after Rubber, Chain, Fluids, Time/Labor ($$$)

Couldn't justify it...Unless I had 6 months of winter ahead of me.

Albeit, had I not already had an 8 spoke, ( and two other sets of wheels) it would have been in my garage tonight.

Seller sent a video to the next buyer (out of state) for the motor sound so the wheel was seen and didn't feel right about trading one of my 5 spokes for it.

I'm sure the bike will get chopped in AZ. (Seller is going to haul it to Las Vegas to meet the guy) Buyer wanted the motor..

(Anyone from here??)

post-13109-0-47766400-1333602632.jpg

post-13109-0-47008700-1333602652.jpg

• Member Contributer

Damn. I was just thinking about buying a second set of wheels (8 spoke preferably too). Not sure if the '91 parts will fit an '09, but I would have totaly bought it and sold off the other bits.

Archived