Another camera option (ReplayXD)

Knute

• Member Contributer

Noticed this little number in a motorcycle mag... http://Replayxd.com

Looks like a nice unit. Wouldn't mind giving it a try if I didn't have a Hero GoPro already.

• Member Contributer

Also look at the Cam One.

www.camonetec.com

I am not keen on the form factor of the GoPro, but so far its image quality seems to be the best for the price point.

• Member Contributer

Also look at the Cam One.

www.camonetec.com

I am not keen on the form factor of the GoPro, but so far its image quality seems to be the best for the price point.

That one looks interesting also. Never really realized just how meany options are out there. :smile:

• Member Contributer

One of my snowmobile buddies picked one up and took it back after one use, it's got nothing on GoPro.

Do you know what he didn't like about it? Personally I'm pretty happy with the GoPro, but though this one looked like a pretty nice little unit too.

• Member Contributer

Anyone has price comparison among them?

GoPro HeroHD list for $299, same for the ReplayXD $299 and a quick search shows the Cam One for about $329. I'm guessing each can probably be found cheaper...

• Member Contributer
Do you know what he didn't like about it? Personally I'm pretty happy with the GoPro, but though this one looked like a pretty nice little unit too.

Field of view it shoots is really small, GoPro is 170 degrees where this one shoots right around 100 or so, so you only get what's right in front of you. And he said the mounts seem cheap.

GoPro HeroHD list for $299, same for the ReplayXD $299 and a quick search shows the Cam One for about $329. I'm guessing each can probably be found cheaper...

Look like the Cam One has integrated LCD screen.

Coin_front2.jpg

So the GoPro plus LCD bacpac ~ 300 + 70 ~ $370. So, $40 more than the Cam One.

• Member Contributer

Look like the Cam One has integrated LCD screen.

Coin_front2.jpg

So the GoPro plus LCD bacpac ~ 300 + 70 ~ $370. So, $40 more than the Cam One.

For me I liked the compactness of the ReplayXD, similar in design to the Contour. The Cam One looks like it could be potentially a nice alternative to the GoPro, didn't really check the spec's of it though, but if a person is in the market, it does look like something to consider as well.

Archived