2010 VFR Meter Lights

Guest 1997vfr750

Guest 1997vfr750

While driving home yesterday evening late, the backlighting on the meter assembly (gauge) flickered some. Tonight coming home from work the backlighting is not working at all. I have checked all the fuses in the fuse block under the seat. They are all fine. I pulled off the windscreen and upper cowl to gain access to the 20p connector at the back of the meter and checked for 12V on the br/bl and w/g wire with the key on. I am getting 12v to the meter. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could check next? I have the 5yr extended warranty but, thats gonna mean missed seat time while the weather is so nice. Can anyone shed some light as to what I need to look at next? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

• Member Contributer

I doubt that there are bulbs on that display...more likely LEDs on one circuit.

I also doubt that you will avoid getting a claim from the dealers if you want a solution. The earlier you go the better....the weather can only get better for now!

• Member Contributer

check if the LED's are working out side - test using an external battery - ensure polarity is correct ...

I called the local dealer. I have the 5yr extended warranty. I told him what was going on and that I still had power to the dash. He said he will order me a new meter assembly and call me to bring it in.

Archived