Shoei XR1100 anyone got one?

Guest bally123

Guest bally123

I tried one of these on and felt pretty good, before I commit my £300 it would be good to get some honest opinions.

Whats t'is like for noise and venting? General quality and annoyances? Any other comments

Buying to replace an Arai astro R and I hope it will be somewhat quieter.

All replies greatly appreciated....

Cheers Andy.

For anyone in the USA wondering, this is the RF1100, it's marketed as the XR1100 overseas.

For the record, I love mine, and I've worn nothing but Shoeis my whole life. I wish I could afford to get another, just for the paint job.

I've got the Diabolic Revelation, and wish for the Diabolic Divinity.

375-0113-0806-03-A.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have the RF1100, and love it

I will admit I am a bit biased because Shoei just fits me so very well

Part of why I like it is because the sell single bright colors which I think are much more visable

I got the bright orange, it looks great with the yellow VFR

VFRShoei_LR.jpg

Hi

I bought an XR1100 last year to replace an old XR1000. I was a bit twichy as I'd found the XR1000 was very comfortable over long periods, and I was not certain I would get anything that fitted as well.

Well, I've been really knocked out with my new lid. The XR1100 must have a very similar internal shape to the XR1000, and I find that it's every bit as comfy as the old one. The XR1100 is quieter than the old model, and the pinlock insert used in the XR1100 is much better than the old one - having an extra 8 - 10 mm of vision at the top of the visor that was missing previously. The new model is also better ventilated than the old one was.

About the only disadvantage I've found is that if I use the front ventilator and the air is cold, my eyes tend to tear up. So when it's cold I tend to have the front vent closed. No big deal.

Sorry if this sounds like a Shoei advert - it's not, and I've no connection to them. The new lid is just SO much better than the XR1000.

I got mine from helmetcity.co.uk - they have some good deals if you know what size you want.

-- Chris

• Member Contributer

THe RF-1100 is my first Shoei and I am very pleased with it. I'm still trying to figure up how to keep the face shield from fogging up on cold days or days with no wind. But, the fit and feel of the helmet is the best I've ever experienced.

• Member Contributer

I went from the RF1000 to the RF1100 and agree with all the positive comments. I'd previously gone through two Arai Signets and while they were nice helmets I like everything about the Shoei's better, fit, ventilation and, particularly, how much easier it is to remove the shield.

I highly recommend the Pinlock shield system to prevent fogging. I wouldn't own a helmet without it now. I'd used the Fog City Proshield for years on the Arai helmets but it's a poor second to the Pinlock. Cheaper, though.

Archived