Anybody buy from Extreme Supply?

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Has anybody purchased anything from Extreme Supply? They're in Signal Hill California. Looking for feedback, good/bad/indifferent...

I bought my Nolan Helmet from them through eBay.

They often have "best offer" listings that will allow you to get a better deal than anywhere else I found.

I even changed my mind on the color I wanted after agreeing on a price and they had no problem with it.

Great customer service, quick shipping...I'd buy from them again in a second.

• Member Contributer

Thanks bbenthin, good to know. They're literally 10 minutes from the house. I never knew they existed until I did a search on google for some Alpinestar closeouts and they came up. Typically I have been going to Cycle Gear for some things i need to pick up right away, but as far as riding gear, they are starting to mostly carry their house brand Bilt. Not that the Bilt stuff is terrible, I have two pairs of gloves and two helmets (my wife's and a spare), but I would like a better selection of products. Particularly if it's safety apparel. I may go check them out this week. Only rub is that I'll have to pay sales tax, vice other internet retailers i.e. MC Superstore, STG, etc.

On the plus side if what they have is significantly less, who knows, it may even come out cheaper than online even with the tax, plus I can walk out the store with it vs. waiting for shipping.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Pretty sure they have a 'brick and mortar' or that they will allow you to pick up from their facility.

I bought a clearance Scorpion jacket from them a year or so ago. No complaints.

Mike

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys. Sounds like they are worth checking out. I did a yelp! search too, but the reviews were hot and cold. Either it was 1 star "never buy here", or 4-5 stars and "I'd buy again". Most issues revolved around shipping and customer service, so maybe doing business in person I won't have these issues.

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I thought I did a follow up here but I guess I didn't, so here it goes.

I did end up going to their "store front" but when I walked in it really looked like a waiting room at a doctors office. A couple of desks and a reception window off to the left. As I entered there was someone coming out from the back and he asked if I needed help, I asked if this was Extreme Supply and did they have a show room. The answer was yes and no they didn't have a show room per say, it was more like their will-call area.

He then called out a guy named Cesar and he proceeded to show me the warehouse were they did have a small section were they had some merchandise, mostly gloves, boots and accessories. They did however have a wall of jackets, pants and suits hanging up which is where I proceeded to look. The selection was pretty decent but not too broad of a selection but I was able to find an Alpinestar jacket that was priced for $199.00.

Cesar was nice, helpful and left me alone until I needed to ask him questions. I was able to try on the jacket and walk around the small section were the goods were viewable but the actual warehouse, which looked huge, was off limits. When I told him I think I found the one I was looking for, he said that since it was a closeout and they really wanted to get rid of them, he said he would sell it at $170.00 (+tax). At that point I decided it was a no brainer and I made the purchase. I was able to pay with a credit card and Cesar mentioned that if there was anything else I was looking for he would see if he can make me a deal on that item as well. I didn't have anything else that I really needed/wanted so I didnt take him up on his offer.

All in all I thought my experience was positive and didn't seem to have any issues some others complained about, although most of the negative reviews I read were about shipping and/or communication issues with Internet orders. Would I buy from them again, I would say yes. I would definitely check them out as an option to Cycle Gear if it's an item I want right away, I.e. not something that needs to be ordered and shipped. I was looking at getting a new pin lock face shield and they were a little bit cheaper than CG.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I was in need of a new jacket and was able to find a scorpion Master on closeout. Went last saturday. They were quite helpful. Didn't have much in the way of boots though.

Any ideas on somewhere that carries lots of boot stock? Cycle Gear has really sort of gotten lame unless your looking for helmets or like their lines.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the tip. I was in need of a new jacket and was able to find a scorpion Master on closeout. Went last saturday. They were quite helpful. Didn't have much in the way of boots though.

Any ideas on somewhere that carries lots of boot stock? Cycle Gear has really sort of gotten lame unless your looking for helmets or like their lines.

Cheers

I actually bought a pair of close out TCX from Motorcyclegear.com (Formerly newenough.com) for $188.00. They were the S-Zero (water proof version). The non-water proof versions are $165.00, but they have a limited sizes available. Since I already had a pair of TCX boots that fit me well at my normal shoe size I wasn't too concerned about buying them online. So far I am totally happy with them. I wanted the non-water proof version but they soid out of my size (41). Seems a lot of people on VFRD ave spoken highly of Motorcycle Gear so that was another reason for pulling the trigger.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/boots/

Cheers

I've been eyeing the TCX Sportour WP and the Coretech Latigo. Nobody has the Coretechs now though. I tried the Sidi's on at xtreme. Ended up being too narrow. Didn't really fit well once I sized up. Tried the Fusion and Cobra. We willl have to connect sometime for a ride still in a month or two.

Archived