Question about tire changing

Guest redrider740

Guest redrider740

Howdy all, so I'm going to be changing my tires before spring time (I wore the rear down to the metal cords and it eventually let all the air out) and was just wondering about how to support the bike? I'm just going to take the wheels off my self and bring them to a dealer to change the tires because I don't feel like dealing with changing the tires, I even hate doing dirt bike tires, but I was just wondering while I have the wheels off if any of you have some wise ways of supporting the bike at all? This might be a really obvious answer and I just don't know it but I'm stuck in class and can't stop thinking about riding something so I'd figure I'd ask now.

Best case scenario would be a front and rear stand. The bike would be very stable while you had the wheels off. My bike, an 06, has a center stand so I would use that, plus a couple of jack stands if I needed both wheels off at once. I do my own tires so there is no need to have them both off at once.

• Member Contributer

Got a center stand? Put it on the center stand, remove rear wheel, have an assistant lever the rear down while you stick something (wood blocks, etc.) under the front to keep the front wheel off the ground, remove front wheel.

A jack also works under the front if you can't round up help. Not great to leave it on a jack, as it could leak down while unattended.

Archived