BT-016 $188.88 a set

kebrider

• Member Contributer

Decent tires for $188.88. Bridgestone never seems to get the universal love that the other tire makers get and if I had to guess it is due in large part to their poor performance in the OEM world. I may be way out of line here but it seems their OE stuff is just not that good. The BT-016 for instance is OE for the GSXR seiries but unlike the standard, non spec replacement model the rear 016 is only a dual compund instead of a 3 compound tire. I have also heard many complaints against the OE Concours 023s and after spending the last 2K+ on a set I don't think the standard, non spec replacement version is deserving of any criticism.

Since I have my own tire changer I can afford to run sport rubber that is priced at or under $200 (shipping is free with Chaparral) even though the cost per mile is slightly higher than sport touring tires at around $235 a set. If I get 2500 miles from sport stuff and they are all quality miles then I don't mind paying an extra penny a mile.

As soon as the 023s are toast I will be switching back to my much loved Q2s and then to the 016s for a back-to-back comparison.

Deals Gap is my official tire test site. A typical "test run" is foothills parkway to 129 (including the dragon) to 28 to143 and back up 129 to Deals Gap with occasional runs up the Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway and most of N GA and southern NC for variety.

Have I already mentioned that I moved to East TN from FL this past summer? :rolleyes:

KEB

I've been running the BT-016's on my track bike and they have been great. I've had no problems with slipping, although I haven't been on a real tight track like Tally in a while. For the openess of Road Atlanta, they perform as good as anything else.

Here's the link in case anyone wants it: http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/bridgestone-bt-016-front-and-rear-tire-package-1/PKG-330-1269.aspx

Archived