Mototrek 19 magnetic base tankbag by Motocentric

Guest baddabing

Guest baddabing

Just picked up a Mototrek 19 tank bag by motocentricusa.com.

First impressions are that it is a well built bag, fits the tank very well, following the lines of the tank and bike. The magnets are strong. Lots of side pockets. A see through map pocket, internal side pockets, a rain cover, and a sunglass pocket. It also has a iPod pocket with headphone pass through. It has a bag for a hydration system,with a pass through and external clip to hold the bite tube. It fits my big camel back pack ok, the little bag fits very well.

Still 5 weeks before I can ride and test it on the road, but so far I am impressed.

4d88a15f.jpg

d144beb2.jpg

84e1ba84.jpg

0fc98886.jpg

52d518d0.jpg

49998b26.jpg

9c3bc40f.jpg

The one thing I was not sure about until I tried it was the backpack option that came with it. It feels ok, I would not want to pack it like that very far, but for taking it with you to do a sight seeing trek, or when you take a break and don't feel good about leaving it on the bike, it is great.

db978bf3.jpg

4990cbf5.jpg

Will report back after I have had a chance to ride with it. I am now trying to decide between the Mototrek sport bags, or the saddle man Sport panniers with the tail bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Still 5 weeks before I can ride and test it on the road

Why?

I had a kidney transplant on August 16th and the docs won't let me get back on the bike until the end of September, and then it is less than 100 miles a day. But it was worth the down time.

• 6 months later...

Archived