1986 vfr exhaust help

Guest Thomasvfr86

Guest Thomasvfr86

I have a 1986 vfr 700 with huge Kawasaki cans on it I hate the look and sound I may want to go to single exhaust or better mufflers any suggestions I am not sure how to go about changing headers around

im going thru that now my 86 vfr700f has a set of cobra F!R,s race cans on it ..they are loud as hell the cops can hear u comming 2 miles away..someone cut off a perfectly good set of mufflers at the collector and slipped on the cobras..well maybe the mufflers werent that good? i was gonna get a set of used 86 750 mufflers with the collectors on them they are all welded in one piece but find out the 750 muffs and collector ends wont fit the 700,s..must be a difference in header dia or something,,unless someone is giving me bad info ..but it came from a reliable honda shop source..so anyway i found a set of used mufflers with the collectors still on them and will have to restore them somewhat ..getting hard to find nice stuff that old anymore..u might want to keep ur eyes on egay a yoshi 4 into one muffler just sold..now that would be neat.kerker made one and i think vance and hines made one also u will see them from time to time..anyway for 222 dollars shipped for a set of mufflers with the pipes attached[egay] i can afford to restore the mufflers and shut the thing up and still go like hell..good luck..and the beast runs a whole lot better with the calif emm stuff yanked off and the carbs calibrated..still dont have much lower end power due to the free flow cobras no back pressure....later have fun gregg in ohio

I have a near mint 4-1 Yosh system for sale.

Thomasvfr86, if you don't jump on this, I'd have to label you insane. It's damned near impossible to find a really good condition 4-2-1 anymore, as nobody is making them and if you DO find one, its been rode hard and put up wet, much LESS the fact that a Yosh setup is by far one of, if not the top pipe out there. If I didnt already have a good 4-2-1 that I like as much as I do, I'd jump on it.

have a 86 vfr 700f what do u want for the 4 inti 1 exh..gregg in ohio email me gregg45@windstream.net

• Member Contributer

I'm leaving for Texas in a bit so I cna't take pics yet.

I'll post an add for it and see who bites.

It's nearly mint and has rarley been used....comes with some old Yoshimaru Decals that still might be of use too.

I'm leaving for Texas in a bit so I cna't take pics yet.

I'll post an add for it and see who bites.

It's nearly mint and has rarley been used....comes with some old Yoshimaru Decals that still might be of use too.

im interested i just removed a set of cobra F1R slip ons that were racetack loud..and installed a very nice stock exh..that sucked big time sounds lke a sewing machine vacum cleaner combined .now im hearing engine noises that i dont like valves need adjusted ..or its that cheap honda 10w40 oil..performance went down the tubes ..ready to return the cobras to the 700..but im not gonna punch out the stockers..bad move if ya want to sell them..send me a email when u post them gregg /.....

• 1 year later...

Do you still have the exhaust for sale? I am interested in getting one,if not,maybe some help? I own a 1986 VFR 700 and a 1997 VFR 750.

Archived