2nd gen exhaust on a 3rd gen bike

Guest deanc1963

Guest deanc1963

The 2nd gen exhaust has equal-length headers, nice round bends, and a 4-2-corssover... doe anyone know whether the 2nd gen exhaust will fit a 3rd gen bike? Thinking o cutting off the 2nd exhaust can and the crossover, then going with left-side exit high mount...

• Member Contributer

Well, they share virtually no other parts, so I'd have to guess that the answer would be "no"...

Ciao,

Guest vfrrider

As well as they have a different crank, so I BELIEVE tit would be counterproductive, at best.

Try a 4th gen, they're compatible, fit and actually lighter and flow a little better.

Larry

VFRrider

• 1 month later...
Guest Xtreme

As well as they have a different crank, so I BELIEVE tit would be counterproductive, at best.

Try a 4th gen, they're compatible, fit and actually lighter and flow a little better.

Larry

VFRrider

I had to ask, jsut out of curiosity.

Does the 4th gen full exhaust go straight on to the 3rd gen or what do you mean ?

At least I have understod, theres no "slipon ability" in 3rd gen (except mine sort of) and 4th does.

Larry

VFRrider

Does the 4th gen full exhaust go straight on to the 3rd gen or what do you mean ?

At least I have understod, theres no "slipon ability" in 3rd gen (except mine sort of) and 4th does.

Yeah, the 4th gen will bolt right up to the 3rd gen, they actually use the same front down pipes, it's just the collector that was changed. Then you can slip on an aftermarket can (Staintune seems to be the most popular, I love mine).

If you want a left exit your options are pretty limited, there's a company that sells them in the UK but people here who have them have reported poor joins on the front headers to the rear. TBR used to make one but they're rare and expensive so you have to be lucky (buy a lottery ticket too the day that you find one). Or you can have one fabricated, not sure how easy/expensive this would be, would a muffler shop be the one to go to?

Guest Xtreme

Larry

VFRrider

Yeah, the 4th gen will bolt right up to the 3rd gen, they actually use the same front down pipes, it's just the collector that was changed. Then you can slip on an aftermarket can (Staintune seems to be the most popular, I love mine).

If you want a left exit your options are pretty limited, there's a company that sells them in the UK but people here who have them have reported poor joins on the front headers to the rear. TBR used to make one but they're rare and expensive so you have to be lucky (buy a lottery ticket too the day that you find one). Or you can have one fabricated, not sure how easy/expensive this would be, would a muffler shop be the one to go to?

Thanks for clearing that out!

Although this is not related to the thread, I thought I'll ask, if youre reading: Does the 4th gen "mask" (front fairing that comes around and above the headlight) fit from 4th gen to 3rd gen ? I remember someno once said that it does, but not sure. I was thinking of changing this, cause there doesn't seem to be a lot of these available for the 3rd gen...

Although this is not related to the thread, I thought I'll ask, if youre reading: Does the 4th gen "mask" (front fairing that comes around and above the headlight) fit from 4th gen to 3rd gen ? I remember someno once said that it does, but not sure. I was thinking of changing this, cause there doesn't seem to be a lot of these available for the 3rd gen...

Hmm, not sure about that, I also remember somebody saying they swapped some fairings from the 2, but I can't recall who or which parts. They do have similar mounting points so I bet it would work with only minor alterations

You might start a new thread on this subject and see if anyone responds

The CBR600RR fairing looks pretty good..

Guest Xtreme

Hmm, not sure about that, I also remember somebody saying they swapped some fairings from the 2, but I can't recall who or which parts. They do have similar mounting points so I bet it would work with only minor alterations

You might start a new thread on this subject and see if anyone responds

The CBR600RR fairing looks pretty good..

Thanks will do so!

Archived