thoughts on MotoCentric soft bags

Guest riverlife

Guest riverlife

I'm looking to get some soft luggage and came across these: MotoCentric

gallery_22566_5895_77751.jpg

0000 MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Saddlebags Black634160095430121626

The bags are shown on a VFR however it appears they grab rails have been removed and a rear seat cowl is installed. Do you think these would work still with the grab rails still installed and without a rear seat cowl?

thanks,

mike

• Member Contributer

The mounting system on these is identical to the Nelson-Rigg setup I have and there are no interference issues on my 5th gen.

-Jake

Ditto with my Cortech Sport Saddle bags. No issues when mounted without the seat cowl and with the handles in place on my '03. In fact, I prefer them mounting them that way. No issues with heat from the stock exhaust either.

:fing02:

I can vouch for a quality product at least on the Motocentric bag. My Dad got a set of the crusier bags, nice, esp. considering the price. Seemed as though they were well thought out and held thier shape well. He was used to the look of his old saggy leather bags which were slightly larger and in turn returned the Motocentrics against my recommendation of seeing if he'd get used to the look of them as they would be much better than the old ones. They had several smaller pockets in addition to the main compartment vs. his leather bags only have the main compartment, all the small stuff rattles to the bottom and collects underneath the larger items.

Archived