Luggage Key

msimon2468

• Member Contributer

I lost the keys for my OEM 6th gen top case is there a way to get replacement keys

You can try contacting GIVI.

Edit: FYI, if you look on the cylinder of the lock on the luggage itself you will see a three digit number. You'll need this to get your new keys.

I went through this somewhat last year as I had the key actually break on me and not while it was in the cylinder. Givi is no help. Honda is no help. The only thing that you can do is have a locksmith cut you a new key. I had to go through three local locksmiths to find one that could track it down but in the end it only cost me a few bucks.

Ryan is correct... you'll need the three digit code on the top of the cylinders. My locksmith was only able to track it down because i still had part of the key and she was able to cross reference that syle blank with the three digit code and found only a single result. Since you dont have the key this might be a little more difficult for you but I do remember her saying that it was used for a ski lock. The first try of my freshly cut key didn't quite work either but a quick squirt of some WD-40 in the lock fixed that. Since then, the key has broken in and I've got no issues at all.

If you, or the locksmith, has trouble tracking down what you need to get a fresh blank cut for your cylinders, let me know and I will stop up there and see if i can get the information needed to get your key cut or just get one cut for you.

• Member Contributer

I went through this somewhat last year as I had the key actually break on me and not while it was in the cylinder. Givi is no help. Honda is no help. The only thing that you can do is have a locksmith cut you a new key. I had to go through three local locksmiths to find one that could track it down but in the end it only cost me a few bucks.

Ryan is correct... you'll need the three digit code on the top of the cylinders. My locksmith was only able to track it down because i still had part of the key and she was able to cross reference that syle blank with the three digit code and found only a single result. Since you dont have the key this might be a little more difficult for you but I do remember her saying that it was used for a ski lock. The first try of my freshly cut key didn't quite work either but a quick squirt of some WD-40 in the lock fixed that. Since then, the key has broken in and I've got no issues at all.

If you, or the locksmith, has trouble tracking down what you need to get a fresh blank cut for your cylinders, let me know and I will stop up there and see if i can get the information needed to get your key cut or just get one cut for you.

The three digit code corresponds to pin length. Because this is not a state-of-the-art security lock I believe there are only 3 different lengths.

It is a basic lock and tumbler system, so if you could figure out how wide each number has to be, you could have a locksmith cut whatever blank will work to those widths.

If you like, I could measure the width of each length on my keys--But, since there are only three pins, and three widths, if any number is repeated I won't have them all. Also I won't be able to get to this before TMAC, so you'd have to wait at least a week.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure I said that very well.

Archived