Zumo 660 on sale

NorthernVFRDave

• Member Contributer

GPS CIty has Garmin Zumo 660s on sale for $569 bucks if anyone is looking for a new GPS.

And finaly prices match between the US and Canada for the most part, its still $10 more Canadian but its about time prices come inline with the at par dollar...

GPS City Canada

GPS City USA

• Member Contributer

I'm just curious...what does a Zumo do that a $150 GPS from Costco doesn't do? Admittedly, I don't know much about it, so I'm curious what you get for the extra $400...

• Member Contributer

They are made for motorcycles so....weather proof, vibration resistant, usually comes with mounting hardware and wiring, higher performing receiver and processor compared to the $150 GPS's out there, and so on.

I bought my Zumo 450 when they were just ending the line and have never once had an issue with its performance. Just updated the maps (a Christmas present) and have used it on every VFR trip I have taken. I asked the same question you did when I was shopping but decided it was worth the investment to get the whole package. Of course I picked mine up for $300 at the time new so that probably had a lot to do with it. :491:

Archived